I love my crockpot, so when I saw this recipe I knew it was going to be on the Christmas giving list.
So are you ready to set it and forget it?
Crockpot Apple Butter
- 1 dozen apples, peeled, cored, cubed
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon All Spice
- Core and peel apples. Once you cube them put them in the crockpot.
- Stir in water, sugar, and spices with apples.
- Set it on low and leave overnight. I left it around 16 hours on low. You can shorten this time on high, but I would watch the apples more closely. Even on low, I periodically stirred the apples to break them up faster into the mush.
- Once the apples are a mush, stir it to further smooth the mixture. You can put it in a blender to smooth out further. I left it fairly chunky, almost like applesauce.
- Put butter into storing containers. This recipe allowed for 6 smaller canning jars.
- (I also took this step to taste test it. Yummeeeee. I would eat it by the spoonful.)
You could jazz up the jars with ribbon and labels, but I didn’t quite go that far. These would make a good spread for toast or bagels.