I started this blog originally to document my side of my husband’s deployment in 2012. He has since left the Army, and has become a Police Officer in the civilian world. Over the years, this blog has become much more than a space to show off my crafts that distracted me during our Army days. Now as “Finding My Yellow“, I hope to document life as it happens and always be in the search of the positive aspects in front of me.
My husband, Tom, and I have been together for quite some time. You can read more about our story in these posts:
We are parents to the most adorable little dude.
George Lawson was born on August 26th, 2014.
We have two boxers babies: Grace and Crosby. (They are named after Grace Kelly and Bing Crosby.) They are a joy to have, and they teach us lessons every day!
And just because who doesn’t love a little trivia, here are some random facts about me:
Born in 1985: the year the Royals won the World Series
Originally from: Kansas City, MO
Bachelor’s-University of Central Missouri, Social Studies Ed
Master’s-Clemson University, Counseling in Student Affairs
Career: Student Affairs (aka: work with college students) I have worked at several universities across the Southeast and Midwest.
- photography-I am working on my own business (click here to see my Facebook page)
- volleyball and basketball
- pretending to run (I think I may be high on race adrenaline though and not the actual running part.)
- reading books. Modoc by Ralph Helfer is my favorite book. My favorite authors are John Jakes, John Steinbeck, Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, J.K Rowling, and Stephen King.
- T.V.-I am addicted to T.V. I can get hooked on almost anything. And Netflix and Hulu have not helped this addiction. I seriously try to watch ALL the TV. You can search the blog with “TV Reviews” to see what shows have sparked my interest. My “ever” favorite shows are-Boy Meets World, Gilmore Girls, Law and Order SVU, Castle, Dancing With the Stars, and the West Wing. Tom and I’s favorite shows as a couple are The Office and How I Met Your Mother. I know, it is a little ridiculous.
- Movies-very similar to my T.V addiction. You can thank having a drama teacher for a step-mom. The Oscars were like the Superbowl in our house. Anything with Gene Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, or Sandra Bullock is a must. My favorite movies are West Side Story, Miss Congeniality, Singing in the Rain, and Sabrina.
- crafting-hence the creation of this blog.
- crocheting-My dad taught me when I was 7, and I have been doing it ever since.
- baking-there is just something about putting mush in the oven and having something divine come out, or at least edible.
- volunteering-I really enjoy doing things for the community and giving back when I can.
All in all, I am just a normal girl from the Midwest trying to live a blessed life.
I hope you enjoy hearing about our life!
Feel free to send me any questions or comments you may have!
You can email me at email@example.com or fill out the form below. I would love to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by!