I started this blog originally to document my side of my husband’s deployment in 2012. He has since left the Army, became a Police Officer in the civilian world, and then took a “normal” job leaving the chaos of public service behind. Over the years, this blog has become much more than a space to show off my crafts that distracted me during our Army days. Now as “Finding My Yellow“, I hope to document life as it happens and always be in the search of the positive aspects in front of me.
My husband, Tom, and I have been together for quite some time. You can read more about our story in these posts:
We are parents to the most adorable little dude and sweet little miss.
George Lawson was born on August 26th, 2014.
Daphne Christine was born on May 18th, 2017.
We have two boxers babies: Grace and Crosby. (They are named after Grace Kelly and Bing Crosby.) They are a joy to have, and they teach us lessons every day!
And just because who doesn’t love a little trivia, here are some random facts about me:
Born in 1985: the year the Royals won the World Series
Originally from: Kansas City, MO
Bachelor’s-University of Central Missouri, Social Studies Ed
Master’s-Clemson University, Counseling in Student Affairs
Career: Student Affairs (aka: work with college students) I have worked at several universities across the Southeast and Midwest.
- photography-I am working on my own business (click here to see my Facebook page)
- volleyball and basketball
- pretending to run (I think I may be high on race adrenaline though and not the actual running part.)
- reading books. Modoc by Ralph Helfer is my favorite book. My favorite authors are John Jakes, John Steinbeck, Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, J.K Rowling, and Stephen King.
- T.V.-I am addicted to T.V. I can get hooked on almost anything. And Netflix and Hulu have not helped this addiction. I seriously try to watch ALL the TV. You can search the blog with “TV Reviews” to see what shows have sparked my interest. My “ever” favorite shows are-Boy Meets World, Gilmore Girls, Law and Order SVU, Castle, Dancing With the Stars, and the West Wing. Tom and I’s favorite shows as a couple are The Office and How I Met Your Mother. I know, it is a little ridiculous.
- Movies-very similar to my T.V addiction. You can thank having a drama teacher for a step-mom. The Oscars were like the Superbowl in our house. Anything with Gene Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, or Sandra Bullock is a must. My favorite movies are West Side Story, Miss Congeniality, Singing in the Rain, and Sabrina.
- crafting-hence the creation of this blog.
- crocheting-My dad taught me when I was 7, and I have been doing it ever since.
- baking-there is just something about putting mush in the oven and having something divine come out, or at least edible.
- volunteering-I really enjoy doing things for the community and giving back when I can.
All in all, I am just a normal girl from the Midwest trying to live a blessed life.
I hope you enjoy hearing about our life!
Feel free to send me any questions or comments you may have!
You can email me at email@example.com or fill out the form below. I would love to hear from you!
Thank you for stopping by!