I love my crockpot, so when I saw this recipe I knew it was going to be on the Christmas giving list.
So are you ready to set it and forget it?
Crockpot Apple Butter
- 1 dozen apples, peeled, cored, cubed
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon All Spice
- Core and peel apples. Once you cube them put them in the crockpot.
- Stir in water, sugar, and spices with apples.
- Set it on low and leave overnight. I left it around 16 hours on low. You can shorten this time on high, but I would watch the apples more closely. Even on low, I periodically stirred the apples to break them up faster into the mush.
- Once the apples are a mush, stir it to further smooth the mixture. You can put it in a blender to smooth out further. I left it fairly chunky, almost like applesauce.
- Put butter into storing containers. This recipe allowed for 6 smaller canning jars.
- (I also took this step to taste test it. Yummeeeee. I would eat it by the spoonful.)
You could jazz up the jars with ribbon and labels, but I didn’t quite go that far. These would make a good spread for toast or bagels.
ohhh I’m so going to make this!
It’s so yummy and easy!
This sounds absolutely delicious!!!! I’m totally going to be making this in the fall!
It is pretty tasty!