This was another Christmas gift. I finished this in a few hours on the drive home to Missouri.
I used some left over yarn, but it happens to be my mom’s favorite color so that worked out in my favor. You can use any yarn or any size needle. You just need to figure out the effect you are wanting. The chunkier and bigger holes will warrant a bigger needle.
To make this cowl neck here is the pattern I used:
First row: Make a chain for your desired length. (I measured it around my own neck, and did my best guess at how the cowl part would factor in. You’ll need to make it like a necklace at first.) Once you have the length, you combine the ends with a slip stitch. This will make it seem like a seamless circle. No sewing involved!
Second Row: Single crochet all the way around. Slip stitch the last single crochet to the first single crochet of the row.
Third Row: Double crochet all the way around. Slip stitch the last double crochet to the first double crochet of the row.
Repeat 2 and 3 until you have the thickness you desire. Using my own neck as a judge still, I kept going until it looked right. You will also end on a single crochet row.
As you can see, it looks like it is twisted. I did not do this intentionally, but it worked out to look nice! I must have twisted it on the first row without noticing, and by the time I realized it was happening I was half way done. So I just went with it.
So there is the crochet.
Secondly, I want to wish Susannah at Simple Moments Stick a happy blog birthday! So here I am participating in my first give away along with several other bloggers to help celebrate!
Today, Simple Moments Stick is two! Birthday parties are the best way to celebrate but, since we can’t all get together to party, a group of twenty-three bloggers teamed up to offer up an absolutely AMAZING prize!!!
2. Amy from The Silver Lining
3. Kotryna from Girl with a Movie Camera
4. Becky from Rebecann’s Random Thoughts
2. Sybil from Peace it all Together
3. Wendy from Effie Girl
4. Elena from Cropped Stories
2. Erin from Simply Just Lovely
3. Ginny from My New Favorite Outfit
4. Kelly from Sparkles and Shoes
2. Charity from The Word of a Nerd
3. Julie from Tidbits and Scraps
4. Stephanie from Just a Little Bit Louder
2. Lisa from Mostly Lisa
3. Caroline from In Due Time
4. Stephanie from Army Crafter
2. Amy from Taking Steps Home
3. Ashley from Have Chashley, Will Travel