I completely spaced on this list this month, so let’s see how I actually did.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
Do a photography challenge (Took pictures once a week George’s first year)
- I am still trying to keep up documenting George growing up. Here are a few pictures I took over the last month.
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (7/5)
Tour at least one a winery, brewery, or distillery
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (5/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
- I tried these apple pie bites for Halloween. I don’t like pie crusts, but I love pie filling, so this was great for me!
- We eat pork chops quite a bit, and I am always trying to find new ways to change up dishes we use all the time. THESE WERE DELICIOUS! I will say we used the recipe as a guide. We don’t like hot stuff, so we substituted BBQ sauce for the Tabasco, and we had Munster instead of mozzarella. So like I said this recipe was a guide.
- While we have had spaghetti squash before, we just recently discovered how to cook it in the microwave. So we have added this as a weekly alternative to all the pasta we have.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
- How about #1 ranked Clemson!
Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
- Yesterday was our Girls on the Run 5K. I am taking over as the Volunteer Coordinator, which is a lot of work, but I am really excited about it! Here is a little article about yesterday.
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (29/20)
Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Do something unique and new for my birthdays
Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (2/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
- I can officially mark this one off! We have our first game on Monday!
Become a mom
- George really experience Halloween for the first time. He didn’t really want to meet any neighbors, so he stood at the edge of the sidewalk and watched his cousin get the goods. Naturally he was Curious George.