I feel like all of my posts lately have been baby related, so I figured I would do something a little random and make some confessions to you.
Also I make no promises that a baby won’t be mentioned.
1. I confess that I have been struggling as a dog mom lately. We have been having some chewing issues lately when Tom and I are out. (Clarification: That is Grace and Crosby with the chewing problem, not Tom and I.) And I don’t know what else to do because our go tos are not working. We are on the struggle bus.
2. I confess that I am also tired of cleaning up Grace puke, which has been an all too common occurrence because she eats too fast and chokes herself.
3. I confess that Crosby has stolen my heart with how he follows me everywhere. He could be sound asleep on the couch but if I get up to do anything he jumps to be my sidekick and protector. I think he knows the baby is coming. (Maybe that’s why they have been nutso…)
4. I confess that I get sucked into TV shows (especially those that I binge watch) and sometimes forget that it is not real life. When I watched The West Wing, I was really confused that it wasn’t real news. Right now, I seriously think that the characters of Bones are my real life friends. I am totally a scientist…
5. I confess that stores bringing “back to school” items on the shelves makes me want to buy lots of pretty notebooks and planners.
6. I confess that it does not fully feel like summer to me because I have yet to be in a floating device in a lazy river (real river or swimming pool river). I have been to both a river and a swimming pool, but the floating device is clutch in my summeriness.
7. I confess that I have to set the alarm to account for a cushion because I will hit the snooze button. There have been periods of my life where I had to set it at least an hour ahead because I would hit it that many times…now it is just one. That’s what I call progress.
8. I confess that sometimes I forget what I write in the blog. Then when I am having face to face conversations and people reference something I said, I will think “How in the world did they know that about me??!?!? CREEPER!” Then I remember I am a blogger and am grateful that people actually read what I write.
9. I confess when someone says, “Smile” for pictures, even if I am not in it, I will smile for the camera that I am not in front of. I find myself cheesing up even when the staging is occurring on TV or I am behind a mask.
10. I confess that my favorite part of our prenatal class is making mental bets on which person wont make it to the break to use the bathroom.
11. I confess that this morning I put my contacts in the wrong eyes, so my eyes were attacking the contacts all the way to work this morning until I realized what I did and switched them. The prescription is drastically different in both eyes, so it is amazing that I made it to work alive on that blurry vision. You know it’s going to be a good day…
Can you relate to any of these? Any confessions you want to make?
I do number 8 all the time—somehow I never think about relatives or friends reading the blog which is kinda funny. And I really think that Target just knows I’m a sucker for cute notebooks because they just keep adding more!
Target just knows I am a sucker for about anything, and this Cartwheel app does not help!
Just found your blog and wanted to say hello! I LOVE finding other milspouse bloggers. 🙂 Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for coming by! I hope you enjoy! Yay for MilSos!
Love this post! I took your idea and just shared my confessions. Thanks for giving me great blogging ideas.
Side note: You’re not alone. I smile every time I see a camera, even if it’s just a security camera in a store.
Haha I am glad I am not alone on the smiling front! I guess we are just ready for our photo opps!
I want all of the notebooks too! I was talking to Jimmie and telling him how he was going to school soon LOL Yea, in five years!
Oh goodness shopping for our kids school! Ahhh!
I feel you on the fur babies chewing! I thought I was in the clear, but all of a sudden 2 days ago I caught them chomping on a blanket corner.
They seem to go in waves, so it really doesn’t make sense when they do things. Part of doggy momhood though I guess. The only thing we can think of is they know this baby is coming, and they are freaking out!
I love these. You’ve inspired me to beg my husband to go to the water park – they do night slides and I just want to hang out in the lazy river for a few hours in the evening!!!
Love lazy rivers! And night slides sound like fun!