I started this list a few years ago, and now I am 31.
I have never been worried about getting older, but there is something about 31 that leaves a weird taste.
It’s just kind of bland to say.
Here’s to hoping that this next trip around the sun is the best one yet, despite how it feels to say 31.
Let’s see where I am with my 35 before 35 list on my birthday today.
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (8/5)
Tour at least one winery, brewery, or distillery
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (6/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
- Black Bean Balls-These were a great alternative to get something other than carbs into George. They were pretty delicious!
- Crockpot Beef and Broccoli-These was silly easy and so good. You gotta love the crockpot!
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (32/20)
- Dotties-It’s a little diner in our little town of 106 people. The service is a tad slow, but the food is great! Great french toast and biscuits and gravy!
Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Do something unique and new for my birthdays
- We went to Ha Ha Tonka state park yesterday. It was a great way to spend time with Tom and George. I plan on doing a post on it here soon. Such a cool park! Even thought they both looked pissed, we had a wonderful time!
Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (3/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
Be on a recreation volleyball team
Become a mom
- Another Mother’s Day for the books yesterday!