I love being a mom. This is what I was made to do. Raising another human being is not easy, but it is so rewarding. I feel blessed that God chose me to do this for George.
Here is why I love being a mom:
- George is teaching me to be the best version of me. Having to teach someone else to be a good person definitely keeps me in check of how I am living out my life and if I am being a good role model to him. There is also nothing more humbling than teaching a kid to eat with a fork and pee in a toilet. There is something about potty training that really makes you think about your priorities.
- He gives me a reason to explore the world around me and notice the little things. George is so amazed by everything. From the dogs’ tails to bark on the trees, you can just see that everything is magical in his eyes. I love being able to experience everything differently through him. I feel like our life has more substance because we are taking the time to enjoy each moment because George is living full throttle all the time.
- Baby smiles and laughs have got to be real medicine for the soul. Nothing can warm up your heart quite like the baby giggles.
- The outpouring of love and joy can be overwhelming, but it is such a great reminder that I am needed and I have a purpose. When George wraps his little chubby arms around my neck or runs up to me at the end of the day, I know that he loves me. I tell him probably every 10 minutes or so how much I love him. It is something I never want him to question. And I don’t think there is anything wrong with spreading more love around in this world. And he is just so happy. I mean he can throw the biggest tantrum but give him five minutes and he has forgotten the transgression and is laughing so hard. If all of us could just get past the little things and just seek joy, I think the world would be a better place. I want that to be ingrained him so he continues to pass it along.
- It has grounded me even more in my faith. George is an answer to our prayers, and he is a daily reminder to seek God. Whether that is when I have lost my patience, or I am emotionally grateful about this gift, I need to always trust that God is there and He has His plan for me. And now that we are trying to teach George about God and prayer, it is even more reason to make sure I am strong in my walk with the Lord.
- Having a kid is a great excuse to have chicken nuggets at least once a week.
I love him, and I love being his mom.
Happy Mother’s Day!