Contrary to popular belief, it is really hard to blog as a full time working mom. I have so many ideas, but unfortunately I am the type of writer where it can take me a long time to get original posts out. Some days there is just not enough time to ponder on what I am writing. So sometimes getting ideas from other bloggers is the best way to get a post out there! Thanks Chelsea for this idea and letting me “steal” the questions!
1. Are you named after anyone? No. My brother is, but I am not. Coincidentally, I am also the only one in my immediately family that doesn’t have an ‘R’ name.
2. When was the last time you cried? Last night I cried during Dancing With the Stars when people recounted their most memorable year. People talking about their kids is a way to unleash my tear ducts. Sunday I also had an ugly cry watching last week’s episode of American Idol. I mean really, I can cry at the drop of a hat, so this isn’t surprising that I had two in the last 48 hours.
3. Do you have kids? George is my only. He will be 20 months old in a couple weeks. We are at a fun yet terrifying age where he wants to do everything himself. It’s awesome to see him learn new things, but it is also so scary at the same time.
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend to yourself? I would like to think that I am a good friend. This “other” person would have to like books, TV, and being a homebody with the occasional walk in the wilderness.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? It depends on who I am around. I am a pretty serious person in all honesty, and I have to know you fairly well to feel comfortable with the sarcasm. Tom and I use it a LOT. I also use it a lot at work with my colleagues. We have a pretty tight office.
6. Will you ever bungee jump? Are you kidding me? I used to work in a theme park; this sounds awesome! If someone else paid for it, I would do it in a heartbeat. I would not jump out of a plane though. No way.
7. What’s your favorite cereal? This is the hardest question ever. I love cereal. It would probably be the one thing I would choose to eat for the rest of my life, if I had to pick. I love all kinds of cereal. I am really digging the chocolate cheerios and the berry cheerios right now. There aren’t many cereals that I haven’t liked though to be honest.
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Their smile. Do they open their mouths? Do their teeth show? How much of their teeth show? I feel like how someone smiles says a lot about someone or the mood they are currently in.
9. What is your eye color? Blue
10. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings. I am like a child and get nightmares from scary movies.
11. Favorite smells? I can’t smell so this is the worst question.
12. Summer or winter? Summer all day every day. I would so much rather be sweating than shivering. Plus, from my perspective there is so much more to do in the summer.
13. What’s the furthest you’ve been from home? I went to the British Virgin Islands while I was in high school. It’s my only trip out of the country. I want to go back! I loved it there. Beaches and boats. You can’t really get much better than that!
14. If you had to shop exclusively at one store, where would it be? Target. They have everything I would ever need or want.
15. Where were you born? Smack dab in the middle of the country. Missouri is and will always be home.
16. What are your hobbies? photography, crocheting, working out, baking, blogging, keeping up with George and the pups
17. Do you have any pets? Two boxers: Grace and Crosby
18. What’s your favorite movie? Singing in the Rain.
19. Do you have any siblings? Yes, a little brother. He is younger by 3 years.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Newborn photographer. If I could do anything outside of my current job, that would be it. I do feel like I really do have the life that I have always wanted though. I have job that I am passionate about with working with academically at risk students. A wonderful family at home that completes the picture. We are finally homeowners-which I don’t think you can get anymore grown up than that.