What makes you happy? Do you dream of big things? Or are there little day to day things that make you have a big grin on your face?
Obviously I am happy with my family and my job, and there is really nothing quite like watching your partner and child interact. However, there are other things that make me smile throughout the day.
These are things that make me raise my hands up in jubilation:
- A clean house. Too bad I don’t like the actual cleaning part.
- Thin mints- Did anyone else out there just get their orders of Girl Scout Cookies? It’s hard to restrain myself from eating a whole sleeve…or a whole box.
- A completed to-do list. Check it off!
- Beaches or being poolside. Nothing is more relaxing to me.
- The ability to color code something. Y’all should see my outlook Calendar.
- Any type of cereal.
- Having all the socks find their mates when I do a load of laundry. Victory!
- When you leave for lunch and you come back and are able to park in the same parking spot.
- When someone brings food to share at work.
- When a student recognizes me in the hall. EEK!
- When the dogs warm up the foot of the bed before I get under the covers.
- Drinking ice cold water with a straw.
- Fuel-saver points at Hy-Vee (our local grocery store). One time I got a full tank of gas for 14 cents!
- Online grocery shopping
- Hy-Vee cafeteria and buffet
- Being able to get the choreography correct in a cardio dance class.
- Every time I water my office plants because they are still ALIVE.
- When a 90s song comes on the radio.
- Getting my email inbox cleaned out.
Apparently, my happiness is dictated by food, organization, and Hy-Vee.
Sounds about right.
What are some things that make you happy?
I think you should screenshot your outlook calendar, I’m very interested in seeing this haha!
haha I thought about it, but there is student information on my calendar appointments. And I don’t have time to blur all that out!
I agree with several of these… but especially the 90s music!!
I did teen pop the other day on Pandora, and it was only 90s music. Just wonderful!
My Outlook calendar is a rainbow of organization, haha. And I’m happy if I can find a parking spot if I leave. Our parking is a nightmare.
Ours isn’t too bad, but we are a much smaller campus.