It’s a new year, and new things to mark off the list hopefully.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
Do a photography challenge (Took pictures once a week George’s first year)
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (8/5)
- We went to Columbus, Ohio last weekend for the wedding.
Tour at least one a winery, brewery, or distillery
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (5/10)
- I have several races picked out for the year! Here’s hoping for some good training!
8. Go camping with Tom
Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
- Mac and Cheese bites-I combined two recipes, which I need to write down because they were delicious. I made them twice for the holiday festivities. And they heat up nicely as left overs as well.
- Potato Rounds-I made these for our appetizer Christmas meal with my mom and brother. They were pretty easy to make!
- Pancakes-Tom and I want to start a tradition of making a huge breakfast on Christmas day. This year, I made pancakes from scratch. They were pretty delicious if I do say so myself.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
- Clemson is playing Monday for the national title! Wahoo, waa-aa-aa-hoo!
Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (29/20)
Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Do something unique and new for my birthdays
Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (3/10); Documentaries (7/20)
- The Greatest Show on Earth won best Best picture in 1953, so the filming was outdated. I love old movies so this was right up my alley. It wasn’t the greatest movie, but it was cute. There were some fun cameos in the circus audience like Bing Crosby. It had an element of a documentary with a fiction storyline under it.
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
Be on a recreation volleyball team
Become a mom
Not too many things, but progress is progress.