I feel like I did pretty good this month!
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
2. Do a photography challenge
- Keeping up with this still! I am not the best with uploading, but I getting them in the camera at least. I have a couple weeks from this month I need to get on my computer…
- Anyway, here are some of my favs from this month with George.
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (7/5)
- We went to Rocheport, MO this weekend for my birthday. Booming metropolis of 239 people. If you want high priced antiques, you must stop here. Seriously though, it was such a cute little place to get away.
- Tom and I dined at Les Bourgeois (winery if you couldn’t guess) this last weekend for my birthday. Unfortunately, I did not find a wine that I liked. Tator tots on the other hand…
6. Become a “professional” photographer
- I have a session planned almost every weekend this month, so I think it may be safe to say this has happened? What!?!
- This picture just gets me every time I look at this cutie!
- I did the March of Dimes event this month. I have a few other races planned!
8. Go camping with Tom
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
12. Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
19. Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
- I started volunteering with Girls on the Run this weekend actually. I am really excited to see what more I can do for this organization. It’s a really awesome and unique organization that empowers young girls early on. It was a great way to start out my birthday festivities this weekend.
20. Go hiking
- We had full intentions of doing this for our Mother’s Day tradition, but it rained most of the day Sunday causing us to just do a stroll around the neighborhood. Another day soon hopefully!
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (23/20)
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
- Best birthday idea ever! Tom and I left George with my mom for the night, and we booked a room at a B&B near our town. It was just perfect. It was a quaint little town that was just the kind of down to earth weekend I wanted to celebrate my birthday. It was also the first time I had left George with someone else over night. Tom and I really haven’t been out intentionally without George since he was born, so it was so nice to have that quality and peaceful time to reconnect after everything that has gone down over the past month. Bed and Breakfasts are just as amazing as I always thought they were! Its so much more homey than a hotel, but you are getting that feel of a vacation all at the same time. AND THE FOOD WAS AMAZING! It was by far the best breakfast I have ever had in my life. Happy Mother’s Day to me! Also who doesn’t love homemade cookies whenever you want all day? So delish! I am fairly certain between the two of us we ate a dozen of these dream cookies.
25. Do something unique and new for my birthdays
- Bed and Breakfast it is!
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (2/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
29. Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
- I have been trying to do this but every time I have gotten a babysitter and gone to play, they aren’t playing. Whomp whomp. Hopefully here soon.
Become a mom
- I had my first harsh mom judgement comment (from a stranger) this past week. I guess it’s good that it took 8 months for someone to have a negative opinion?!? The internet can be brutal when people think they can weigh in on your parental decisions. We also celebrated our first out of womb Mother’s Day. I am so happy to be George’s mom, even if we don’t follow the instruction manuals. Oh wait, babies don’t come with those….
- I just love him so much.