Man October went fast. I did manage to knock some things off my list.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Maybe I should stop finding new projects now, and wait until next year to do some more. I did a couple this month with the dinosaur hat and bearded beanie. I definitely have done my way through projects that are not straight lines this year.
2. Do a photography challenge
- I am still on par with this. I have been experimenting a lot with different ways to set up backdrops without a proper studio. So some are not great as I figure out angles and work to manipulate light, but I am learning! I already showed some pics from his Halloween shoot, but here are some others of my challenge to get out the DSLR to capture George at least once a week.
This was our attempt at a fall shoot. These are some of the very few pictures where he wasn’t throwing a fit or eating the blanket.
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (5/5)
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the KY/TN area
- Well, this one I completely failed on since we made the move back to MO this past week. Maybe I will change it to explore the wineries of Missouri.
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
- This is the first month that I didn’t complete this. I think I got 3 or 4 out. Whoops.
6. Become a “professional” photographer
- I took some photos of some good friends of ours before I left Clarksville. I am hoping once we get settled here I will be able to really branch out here in Missouri. Here is one of my favorites.
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (1/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
12. Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- I really think I need to give up on this book. It is holding me down…
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
- Anyone in mid-Missouri know a good place to do either of these?
17. Do one new recipe each month
- I made Pumpkin French Toast. This is stupid easy to do and really tasty.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
19. Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
22. Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (17/20)
- I went to Five Points Pizza in Nashville with my best friend while she was visiting. They have great food!
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Have a Kentucky Derby themed 3oth birthday party.
26. Explore Nashville while we live here
- While I didn’t do as much as I would have liked, I did explore some during the year and a half I was there. I met up with a friend of mine before I left for coffee up by Vandy. It is always interesting to see a different university. Does taking George to a cardiac specialist in Nashville count as seeing more of Nashville?
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (2/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
29. Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
Become a mom
Well I am not doing too bad at the monthly stuff, but I really need to work on the bigger items. Here’s to another month of trying.