I think these old wives tales are fun to go through. I did it with George, and I found it pretty humorous to do. I got these from this site. Some of them were kind of odd, so I didn’t use all of them.
- Rumor has it that if you are carrying your baby high, it’s a girl. Carrying low? Stock up on blue. Similar tales say if you carry in front, you’ve got yourself a little boy, and if you expand horizontally, it’s a girl. I can’t really tell on this one. And from the comparison of my photos with George, I feel like I look the same so far. I have only filled out in front a little, so I am going to say BOY.
- Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she’ll steal your beauty. So, if you’ve got acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes, you’ve got a little princess coming your way. Dry hands and cold feet are signs of a boy. So, if you’ve got these ailments, break out the baby blue. My acne has been no where near as bad as it was with George-So on this BOY. My feet have been dry but they aren’t anymore than normal during the winter months-So on this GIRL.
- Your baby’s heart rate might be an indicator of its gender. If your little one’s heart rate is under 140 beats per minute, you’re having a little boy. If it’s over, get ready for your little girl! The heartbeat has been between 144-154 every appointment. GIRL.
- Craving sweets? According to some, that means you’re going to have a little girl. Salty and sour cravings indicate a boy. I have craved meat, cereal, chocolate, and eggs. Salty has been kind of a turn off for me. GIRL.
- Chinese Predictor It comes up GIRL.
- The Mayans used a similar method. They looked at your age at conception and the year your baby was conceived. If both are even or odd, it’s a girl. If one is even and one is odd, oh baby — it’s a boy! At conception both Tom and I were 31, and it was 2016. BOY.
- Morning sickness means pink. If you’re stricken with a queasy stomach during your first trimester, think ribbons and bows. If you sail through your pregnancy with nary an upset stomach, it’s blue all the way. I was pretty much nauseous through the whole first trimester. GIRL.
So according to most of these “predictors” we are having a girl. Last time around, most of them said girl too, which is why I find these funny.
We’ll be sharing later on this week to let you know if these are right or not. (I know, it’s pretty much only baby posts lately…)
What do you think we are having? (Family and friends who already know keep quiet!)