I know that I do not have much to update this month, but the thought of having a month missing on my list gives me heebeegeebees. So here it is. No one is perfect.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
Do a photography challenge (Took pictures once a week George’s first year)
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (8/5)
Tour at least one a winery, brewery, or distillery
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (6/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- I read a couple books this month.
- I am teaching a class in the fall so I will have a professional book here soon!
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (32/20)
Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Do something unique and new for my birthdays
Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (3/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
Be on a recreation volleyball team
Become a mom
Yes to doing one thing on the list. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some. Here’s to next time.
I’d love to hear your recommendations for professional development!
I wrote a post awhile back on some resources-https://findingmyyellow.com/2014/01/16/professional-development-on-a-part-timers-wage/
If you have certain areas that you are wanting to focus on let me know, and I may have more for you!