And just like that, January just faded away…Let’s see how I am doing on my list.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
Do a photography challenge (Took pictures once a week George’s first year)
- It has only taken me six months, but I finally put all the pictures from this challenge together in a video.
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (8/5)
Tour at least one a winery, brewery, or distillery
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (5/10)
- I have officially signed up for two 5Ks this spring!
8. Go camping with Tom
Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
- Million Dollar Spaghetti-This was ok in my book. I think it needed more sauce. Tom raved about it, and wants me to make it every day.
- Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein-This was also ok. I don’t think I had a big enough squash for the soy sauce ratio. It came out really salty. I did add chicken to it afterwards, and that really cut that down. I will make this again to try to get the ratio right.
- Sausage Breakfast Muffins-These were super super easy to make. Everyone loved these.
- Roasted Veggies-This was Tom’s comment when I put these on his plate. “Um so you ruined these but in the best way. They are crunchy and salty.” I told him they were supposed to be like that. It was a good change of pace off our normal steamed veggie routine. And it is super easy to put in the oven while you are cooking everything else for dinner.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (30/20)
- A friend and I went to Harpo’s for lunch. Typical bar food, but the ambiance reminded me of TD’s in Clemson. Missing Tigertown just a little.
Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Do something unique and new for my birthdays
Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (3/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
Be on a recreation volleyball team
Become a mom
I apparently did not do so hot this month besides cooking. However, getting that video done has been on my list since August, so that is something!