This last month was crazy busy, but we accomplished a lot. I really like doing these monthly goals, so let’s see how I did with January before I share my February ones.
- Fitness-Do 1500 squats-I got a little behind, so I had to do several hundred yesterday. Over 300 squats is no joke. I didn’t really notice a difference in my leg tone over all, but it was a great start to the year to be focused on my health.
- House Tasks-
- Take down Christmas decor-Done.
- Organize/Put away George’s clothes he has outgrown-Done. Three bins worth are now in storage and two boxes to donate. Admittedly he does have a lot of clothes, but this is also clothes/shoes dating back to the 3-6 month stage. Ridiculous.
- Sort/Donate toys-They are sorted, and I have a couple bags that are ready to get taken somewhere for donation. However we had Christmas presents take over those spaces. Why are toddler things so big?
- Something with George-Do finger-painting. He hated it. He put his finger in it once, grimaced, then tried to run away. It turned into a horrifying slip and slide for him. Even when we tried showing him it was pudding and he could eat it, he screamed like this was his worst nightmare.
- Something with Tom-Start watching Parks and Rec-We are a few episodes in, and we are loving it so far. It does remind me a lot of the Office. Unfortunately these days, I can’t get through more than one episode without falling asleep.
- Something for me-Do a mommy and me photo shoot-It may have not gone exactly as planned, but we did get some shots. And they are still sitting in my camera. I haven’t had time to get them on my hard-drive yet. My goal is to share them soon!
I did everything on my list! Now here are my February Goals
- Fitness-200 push ups. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot, but I am going to try to do a larger set every other day, which is a lot for my puny arms.
- House Tasks-
- Hang up photos in dining room and our bedroom
- Clean up the yard-We have a lot of big plans for our yard this summer, but the first step is to get rid of all the sticks and leaves that have accumulated.
- Build the dog “apartment” downstairs-Yes we are those people.
- Something with George-build a blanket fort. I looked up toddler activities, and I have two issues. One, they are either messy, like have to take a bath messy. And after the finger painting debacle, we won’t be doing messy for awhile. Or Two, they involve a lot of stuff that we don’t have on hand or prep time that we don’t have time for. So building a fort in the living room it is.
- Something with Tom-Go on a movie date
- Something for me-finish some photo projects. I have several things over the last 6 months that I haven’t really had time to complete because they are just for me. So I have lots of sorting and creating I want to do with my photos.
- I also want to blog at least twice a week. I have kind of gotten off the routine, but I have several posts that are only half written that I want to get out.
What do you want to do this month?
1500 squats… that’s amazing!! So funny on the finger painting. Maybe in a few months he will change his mind and decide it’s the coolest thing ever!
I hope so! I love doing all the art stuff as a kid. But he did not appreciate tapping into the creative side that night!
Good job with your January goals! I didn’t even come close to accomplishing mine… oops. February sounds fun – that blanket fort will be amazing!!
Blanket forts all always fun!
I am sorting through my closet and dresser – almost done!!! I am donating food to a food pantry, and caucusing tonight!!! I am continuing to try to get four workouts in per week as long as my health allows, and I want to finish three adult novels this month!
Three novels in a month! That is great. I am lucky to get through one in a month.
I’ve seen other bloggers who do fun things in the bath with their kids. That might solve the messy part!
We tried in the bath too, and he does not seem interested there either. Silly kid!
I am DYING to do a mommy and me shoot! I plan on trying finger painting with Ju in a couple day. I hope she cooperates!
You need to do a mommy and me shoot. I can’t believe I haven’t done it before now.