This is the first year since I graduated high school that I don’t have an impending move looming over one of our heads. With that in mind, I really want to become more settled this year. Because of that settling and not waiting on the change, I want to experience more. I want to live my life not just survive it. I am hoping that this will mean that I will have more time to do things with the family, for myself, for fun, etc.
So here is my attempt to do monthly goals to be more intentional with my time and space.
- Fitness-Do 1500 squats this month. I love squats, so I figure this is a good one for me to challenge myself with. I made a chart to go in my bathroom so hopefully I will remember while I am doing my nighttime routine.
- House Tasks-
- Take down Christmas decor
- Organize/Put away George’s clothes he has outgrown (We have at least 4 boxes I have been throwing stuff in for the past few months in his closet that are just screaming to be sorted and taken down to the basement.)
- Sort/Donate toys (This kids just has too much already. Some of it needs to go!)
- Something with George-Do finger-painting
- Something with Tom-Start watching Parks and Rec
- Something for me-Do a mommy and me photo shoot with George trying out my new camera remote
I like doing these short goals better than a year long resolution. That is too long of a time for me to get lazy, forget about it, and not follow through.
I am really excited for this year, and I have high hopes that it will be one of our best years yet.
Do you have things you want to accomplish this month/year? Do you do resolutions?
Love your goals, and I can’t wait to see your mommy and me shoot! 🙂 I am doing full year goals but also monthly ones 🙂
Well now that the month is almost over, I did pretty well!
Ah can’t wait to see your mommy and me shoot! Also Parks & Rec is amazing—I got Zach completely hooked!!
We have watched a couple episodes so far, and it is pretty funny!
I love your goals! We are planning on being out of schoold ebt this year- REALLY excited about that one! 🙂
That is a great goal! It does feel pretty good! But then we got a mortgage…