My dear friend recently had a daily challenge for a week where she showed her favorite Bible verses. Each day she would “tag” friends to take up the challenge. She tagged me, and I of course did not do it. So here I am trying to make up for it!
- 12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
2. Philippians 4: 6-7
- 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
3. Hebrews 12: 1-2
- 12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
4. Psalm 73:26
- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
5. Ruth 1:16
- Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay.
6. Isaiah 46: 4
- Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
7. Romans 5: 8
- But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
8. Matthew 5:14
- You are the light of the world.
9. 1 Peter 1:6
- In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
10. Proverbs 31:25
- She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
These are all verses that provide me hope and strength. The Bible is the ultimate motivational poster and a guide for life. These are verses that are currently providing me faith and encouragement during this time of my life. There are others that I find valuable and may be my favorites in different circumstances or stages in my life. I think the important thing is using the Bible for enrichment and purpose as we struggle to figure out how to be as human as possible and walk as He taught us.
My favorite Biblical stories are those of Joseph and of Ruth. These stories are not confined to a single verse for me, but the messages that those passages give us are ones that I think about often.
I also wanted to share this small business that designs shirts with a focus on positive sayings like this “Jesus Loves Me” shirt that George is wearing. They are super soft! I want to wrap myself up in this tshirt. And I love the simplicity and positivity! She also has necklaces for kids and moms. You can find out more at Love Blooms Here!