I think we have all been there. We walk into Target on a mission for one thing, and we come out with a cart full of random things.
Every. Single. Time.
Have you seen this video?
Pretty much standard routine when you have a Target trip planned.
I read this list a while back, and it has inspired me to make my own. Now that we are in the shopping season (with the holidays and a new house), I felt I should make myself a list of things I should avoid the next dozen times we go to the store looking for light-bulbs.
Here are the things I cannot resist from Target…
1. Watches- This is an accessory I wear everyday, and Target makes me feel the need to match the watch to my outfit of the day much like my shoe collection.
2. Carter Baby Clothes-scratch that…any baby clothes. Even before I had George, I wanted to buy all those damn things. I mean seriously outfits that make babies look like adults need to be in my house. And all those footie pajamas!
3. Scarves- This is why I have a wall of them that can also double as decoration. Fall, winter, spring, summer, I don’t care. I wear scarves all year round.
4. Cardigans- I just want them all. I will take one in every color and pattern thank you.
5. Swimsuits- I don’t even wear all of the ones I have, why do I need more? Because they are pretty, that’s why.
6. Decorative Pillows- Because my couch needs to feel pretty as well. And there is nothing that makes me feel like an adult more than seeing pretty new pillows in the living room. Ok maybe bills make me feel like an adult, but at least pillows make me feel good about that status.
7. Collegiate room decorations-Hello I am 29, and I don’t live in a small square room anymore. Why is this neon clock and matching cork board so appealing? (FYI I normally don’t buy these things, but I feel the urge every visit. And I will stand in this aisle for an unreasonable amount of time contemplating how I will use said college decoration. It is a time sucker aisle for me. You may ask, then why do you go down that aisle. I don’t know, and you can take your judgy eyes elsewhere.)
8. Athletic garb- Because if I buy new workout clothes, I will feel more inclined to workout. That generally works for about 2 weeks…
9. All the stationery, planners and journals- I just can’t even. I need to write in everything. The thank yous, the notes, planning all the activities, the to-do lists…Target is getting my life organized people. And doing it fashionably at the same time! I can’t even recall a time that I have not walked out with a new set of cards.
10. Seasonal kitchen towels- They are generally in the $1 aisle, and this is about as festive as my decorating goes for most holidays.
Now what did I need again? Let me pull out my list (paper provided by Target) to check!
Also this serves as a nice Christmas list if anyone wants to know what to get me.
Have you ever been sucked in by Target? What are your “can’t avoid” items? Will I see you in the same aisle staring at the same things?
I’m so obsessed with Target! That video cracked me up. Monday I came home with a snow globe and note cards from the $1 section. I didn’t need either lol
I have been avoiding going there since we moved, but I know I am going to burst at the seams once we go back!
I’m pretty good with Target – I go in, get what I need, and get out for the most part. The only thing that draws me in is the dollar section – and that’s about all the decorating I do too! I currently have gobs of Christmas window clings up…
You have a will of steel. I just can’t resist.
YES TO ALL OF THIS!!! I am now under the firm belief that if the two of us went to Target together we would never come out….ever. 🙂
Well they do have a nice camping section that we could set up a nice situation for us. And don’t even get me started on their snacking items.
I am laughing so hard at that video! I had never seen it. That place is like heaven. So dangerous!
It is pretty ridiculous, but yes it may be heaven.
Target makes me SO happy. I’m there on a weekly basis. But yes, it gets me in trouble. Often.
Having the Red Card doesn’t help either. It puts me in this disillusion that I am actually saving money. Not so when I buy half a cart of things I don’t need.
target, its my weakness, I can’t leave ever with just what I went in there for, even if it was just to waste some time on my lunch break!!! I think that place is cursed. lol
I am going today, and I am going with a list. Let’s see how I stick to it. Highly unlikely.