1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
2. Do a photography challenge
- Keeping steady with this one. I have been struggling to get them uploaded, but I have been taking them! The task of uploading and doing minor editing is a little daunting because there are several hundred (maybe a thousand) at this point…
- Here are just a couple from the last month:
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (5/5)
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the KY/TN area
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
- Done. One of my cards was to this little girl and her sisters.
6. Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (1/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
12. Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
- Since I was living with my in-laws this month and in transit, I did not do this. I give myself some slack though since a couple months ago I went hog wild with new recipes.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
- I didn’t, but I did watch Clemson beat South Carolina for the first time since 2008, which was a game I did see in person.
19. Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
- I did find a place to put my crochet skills to good use. Now I just have to make things…
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
22. Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (17/20)
- I went to Cafe Berlin here in Columbia with a friend of mine. It was a cute little place. My grilled cheese was a little too fancy for my taste, plus a “meal” did not come with sides. I probably will go back though to test out some other things, especially since it is within walking distance of my office.
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Have a Kentucky Derby themed 30th birthday party.
Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (2/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
29. Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
- I downloaded the She Reads Truth app for my phone. It is a daily devotional series. I am thinking of doing a review of it. So far I am liking it.
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
- I am trying to convince my student workers to do an office team next semester. Hopefully we can muster up enough to play.
Become a mom
So I didn’t do so hot this month, but who cares. I moved and started a new job. So I think that counts for something!