I finished a blanket for George. It’s been a long time since I made something for us, so this one was fun to figure out the pattern and colors that we would want.
When I saw this yarn though, I knew I had to have it for our future baby. Our wedding colors in ombre yarn-ugh yes please!
I bought this probably a year ago keeping it stowed until we were cooking a bun in this oven.
I will say, I will never ever buy this yarn again though. It does not go very far. One of these skeins did only 3-4 rows, which is not very much in the grand scheme of blanket making. I have no idea how many of these I used, but it was a lot, which means a lot of money. Thankfully, my trips to get them were far apart and I only bought a couple at a time, so in my head it didn’t seem as bad.
It sure is pretty though!
Grace was excited to blanket model again. She hopped on it the second I put it down.
And then she wanted me to leave her alone.
As you can see in that close up, the stitches are kind of puffed or bobbled. It is a really easy pattern that I have used before. You can find the pattern here.
This blanket took me a while to do only because I kept it in the car and only did it during our road trips over the past 6 months. This might be the reason it went a little overboard and is a little bigger than a baby needs.
For the edging, I used this website. I used pattern 243. It was pretty similar to the blanket stitch so it fit nicely with the pattern. I used yellow yarn that I already had in my stash.
I know that it doesn’t match his nursery, but especially since it is too large for baby sizing anyway, I didn’t care. This would be a great blanket to do tummy time on and travel with to put on the floor for him.
And I may or may not use it on the couch for my own personal use…
Speaking of the nursery, we have been working hard to put it all together. We will have some updates soon to share!