So I updated my list to accommodate my need to extend my deadline. I did adjust some things, but many stayed the same.
So here is how I did this last month.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year
- I have a few blankets I need to whip out right now, but I do have something planned for little man.
2. Do a photography challenge
- I have it all planned out, but I won’t be doing it until the fall.
3. Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (1/5)
- I went to Johnson City, TN. It was for a conference, but I was able to see a university there and parts of the city while in town. And the hotel we stayed in was GORGEOUS!
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the KY/TN area
- Maybe this summer?
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
- This has been a fun one to finish each month.
6. Become a “professional” photographer
- Sill a work in progress, but slowly some day I will get there. I am having fun along the way.
7. Complete at least 10 races (any distance) (0/10)
- I have the half marathon planned in a couple weeks with my sister-in-law. I am still going back and forth on how it will go now…
8. Go camping with Tom
- Nothing yet.
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
- I get to see him in a little less than a month!
11. Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
- People, I just found out that Ft. Defiance sometimes does Civil War re-enactments! I need this in my life! I am scoping their calendar/website to see if one is coming up for our schedule!
12. Water ski with my dad
- Another summer to plan.
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
- I need to do some research.
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- This month I epically failed. I still am struggling through one book. I have a hard time giving a book up too, so hopefully I can get through it this month.
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
- None of the classes here on base fit into our schedule lately.
17. Do one new recipe each month
- This is new.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
- I don’t think this will happen in the fall seeing as Little Guy will just have been born.
19. Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
- I volunteered to be the POC (Point of Contact) for Tom’s platoon. This is a position within the Family Readiness Group. How I have understood it the position is just part of a phone tree within the unit and helps disseminate information. I have the training for it next week, so I am sure I will find out more there.
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
- Girl’s Day some time in the future.
22. Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (8/20)
- I actually did quite a bit on this one. My dad was in town a couple weeks ago. We went to O’Charley’s where I chowed down on some steak. We also checked out a mexican restaurant that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of. It wasn’t my favorite one in town so there’s that. I also went to a place called Cootie Brown’s in Johnson City. I was having some serious morning sickness, so I did not enjoy this meal at all. The pizza’s however looked amazing and large! Tom and I also found a little cafe INSIDE one of the thrift stores we went to this past weekend. Totally a random and unplanned stop, but Miss Lucille’s Cafe was adorable. And their chocolate covered cheesecake was pretty amazing.
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
- Hoping to do this summer.
25. Have a Kentucky Derby themed 3oth birthday party.
- I have started pinning things like crazy on my party board on Pinterest.
26. Explore Nashville while we live here
- I have been driving to Nashville every couple weeks for the past 2 months, but seeing as it is for doctor’s appointments, it doesn’t count. We will need to work on this one.
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (0/10); Documentaries (4/10)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
- Maybe I will make myself a maternity jersey knit skirt…
29. Do a personal devotional/bible study
- I really want to do better at reading my bible. I have an app on my phone that sends me a verse daily. I have added this to my prayer journal reflection every day. I want to find a good devotional too. This is basically focusing on my personal spiritual walk a little more.
30. Be a mascot for an event
- I have no idea where this came from, but I have wanted to be a mascot for so long! I just think it would be so much fun.
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
- Due to life circumstances, Tom and I have never went on a honeymoon. We have tentatively planned to do it around our 5 year anniversary.
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
- My parents have thrown a party for the tournament championship game for as long as I can remember. It was something my brother and I looked forward to every year growing up. We got to stay up late, eat junk food and low country boil all night long, and be in charge of the betting pools. My brother still goes over every year, and I have made it back home for a couple since I have moved away. I don’t think we will end up in KC, so I would like to carry on this Glinn tradition wherever we go to. I love me some basketball, and Tom loves hosting, so it should mix well once we have a place!
33. Go on a mission trip
- I went on these through middle school and high school, and it was very enlightening. I would love to get involved with a youth group and be a leader this time around. This one is very dependent on a lot of timing and money, but I want to make it happen.
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
- I was on a team while I was in Iowa, and I loved it. I really want this back in my life for so many reasons. Unfortunately, the Ft. Campbell/Clarksville area does not agree with me and has none to offer.
35. Become a mom
- Little bean is doing so well. He was jumping and dancing around at this week’s appointment. Hard to believe I am already 4 months pregnant!