It does not seem like it was 3 months ago that I made this list!
Let’s see how much I didn’t do this last month…
2. Do a 30 day photography challenge
- I did pick a challenge to do. I want to do it later in the spring or in the summer so the weather is better for me to include outside opportunities.
3. Visit 3 cities I have never been to before (1/3)
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the area
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
- Done. I really enjoy mail, although I wish the stamps didn’t keep going up in price.
6. Become a “professional” photographer
- I have some things coming up in March that will hopefully propel this business further. I was able to take pictures of our friend’s homecoming a couple weeks ago. (It was just as much for me as it was for them though.) We had planned on doing a Facebook ad in February, but decided to wait until the events in March happen so potential clients can see those in my portfolio as well. I have also been brushing up my flash photography for one event. I would rather do natural lighting and not press the flash, but the exposure of this event is just too good not to take the time to hone my flash skills.
7. Run at least 5 races (any distance)
- I have signed up for one in April. I am hoping to do a couple 5ks during the summer. Anyone want to run with me?
8. Go camping with Tom
- We are going to celebrate our anniversary this summer at Land Between the Lakes.
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
- I did not do this, however we did give a tip that was 100% plus more a couple weeks ago!
10. See Tyrone Wells live again
- He will be in Nashville on May 7th, which is two days before my birthday! You better believe that I will be there, even if I am by myself!
11. Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
- Waiting for warmer weather.
12. Water ski with my dad
- Also waiting for warmer weather.
13. Do a 5K with my mom
- We need to get a plan for this.
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
- So with the upcoming deployment, I need to find a class this summer.
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- I am working my way through Monuments Men for fun and another book on the digital age for my professional read. Keeping on track!
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
- This needs to happen this summer as well.
17. Learn how to make sushi
- I think I will wait to do this while Tom is on deployment since he doesn’t like sushi.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
- I was hoping I would be able to do this with Tom, but with the deployment schedule not confirmed yet who knows. Although, I am sure I can convince my dad for a football road trip to distract me from my empty house. Plus I would really like to go to my undergrad for Homecoming so I can march with the band at halftime…some day.
19. Volunteer with MCFOTS and Special Olympics on a regular basis
- I am fairly positive that Special Olympics isn’t going to happen so I am going to just change it to only MCFOTS, which is the animal shelter in town. I love it there. It definitely gives me my little dog fix. I do have to share about one dog horror story-now funny story. There is one dog who loves to play off leash, and we usually let dogs who have been there for awhile hang out without a leash in the yard to play. She however does not like to come back inside after play time. It was the first week of super cold temps here, so it was around 5 degrees. I chased that dog for about 45 minutes in my snow gear. I looked like a sobbing marshmallow (obviously I was crying) because I couldn’t get her to come inside for anything. I eventually had to lay on the ground with hotdogs as a trail to me to get her back on the leash. Needless to say, this dog has not been off leash since. She is otherwise the most darling dog. She cuddles so well once she is inside, and she never barks. She just really loves to run outside as much as she would like to dictate. I still want to bring her home with me. Who am I kidding; I want to bring them ALL home with me.
20. Explore Land Between the Lakes
- Anniversary trip
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
- My best friend and other half are going to do this with me.
22. Go to at least 10 “new to me” restaurants in Clarksville. (3/10)
- We went to China Town. Yep we unintentionally started a tour of the Chinese restaurants with this one.
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
- Not yet.
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
- I will do this one day in the summer when the weather is nice.
25. Go to the Kentucky Derby
- I need to change this to Kentucky Derby themed 30th birthday party.
26. Go to non-touristy parts of Nashville
- We are actually going to try to do this one this upcoming weekend.
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 10 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (0/10); Documentaries (3/10)
- I made my movie list, but I didn’t watch any. I also watched two documentaries: Shelter Me and William and Katherine: A Royal Love Story. The first is about different shelters across the nation and the good work they do. It wasn’t the best documentary; I am going to admit that I fell asleep in the last 30 minutes. HOWEVER William and Kate, I could watch for hours! This one was really fascinating. I learned a lot about the Royal family. If you are obsessed with the Royal family as I am, or just mildly interested, you should check this out!
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
- I pinned a whole bunch of items on Pinterest to be inspired…
29. Find a church home here in Clarksville
- We have, but I have been too sick to go the past couple weeks.Womp womp.
30. Become a mom
- If you read my post on Sunday, you saw that we are definitely not pregnant. Dang hormones. We are going to a specialist this week to talk about some other tests and our options since all my blood work came back normal. Thank you to everyone for the sweet words of encouragement and all the thoughts and prayers in our direction. We know that it will happen when a baby is supposed to come into our lives. We just need to be patient and just continue to enjoy our time as a twosome (well foursome with the pups).
If anyone would like to partake in one of the tasks with me, just hit me up! I would love to have friends along this endeavor!
Great list, especially number 30.
Good luck & enjoy sleeping now. 😉
Haha we sure are!
I know of this awesome city in Indiana that you have never been to… Bloomington 🙂 That will put you closer to checking #3… I love that you are working on this list!! Such a fun idea!
That is my plan! We just need to hammer out some details!
This is such an awesome list!!! ❤
You’re doing awesome with this list! Parker and I have never been camping but really want to go when it warms up! Congrats on finding a church home! That can be easier said than done!
Thanks Chelsea! Finding a church home can be difficult. It took me about a year and a half in Iowa to find one. We kind of lucked out here!
Another blogger that I read (Bookishly Boisterous) posts semi-regularly about the interesting documentaries she watches. Most of them are via Netflix, so you could check out her blog for ideas and then pull up the interesting ones at home!
Thanks for the suggestion!