Here is another opportunity to link up about fall things! We hope that you join for today’s prompt!
“An Autumn Creation”
- What are you inspired to make this time of year? Are you getting gifts ready? Are holiday decorations coming out? Show us your autumn creations!
Rules of the Link-up:
1. Do one entry or all! It’s up to you!
2. Add your entry’s link below, and be sure to put the button in your post!
3. If you do link up, check out a couple fellow bloggers to see something new.
4. Your hosts (Elizabeth and Stephanie) would love a following on Bloglovin, but it is not required! We are just glad you stopped by for “Autumn on My Mind!”
Our front door wreath recently fell to it’s tragic death. And I mean literally fell.
It is not the first time it has fallen, and we have fixed it numerous times. We had surgerized it with fishing wire, gardening wire, hot glue, adding more ribbon to cover tears, and screws. This time, Tom made me realize that it was time to make a new one.
And just in time for this link up.
This is fairly inexpensive to make on your own. I got pieces from Walmart, the $1 store, and Hobby Lobby. I think I maybe spent $15 which is much cheaper than buying a pre-made wreath.
I first wrapped with the wide gold ribbon, then spaced out the small purple. This is sooooo much easier than the yarn wrapping because you cover more ground with less. The last one I did was a work out for the arms wrapping all the yarn.
Then I took the flowers and placed them where I felt was the best position. I kept over thinking it each time I thought I was done, but that is the fun part of doing it on your own.
I also added the wooden “W” which is the surviving piece of the previous wreath. I just spray painted it to match this one.
I love that fall colors also happen to be Clemson and Phi Sigma Pi colors.
Here is a fall craft that Tom’s Grandma just made us. I hope someday I can have her sewing skills! that seems to be a big deal for the Whitener women.
So what crafty things do you have up your sleeves? Link up below!
We hope to see you return on Sunday for the final link up with the fall collage! You can see the full schedule for our Autumn link up here.
Check out my lovely partner!