I did receive Country Crock products complimentary for the review from Influenster, and these thoughts are my own.
In the last six months George has gotten extremely picky about vegetables. He will eat sweet potatoes and that is about it. Otherwise he gets his veggie intake from vegetable and fruit squeeze packets. I have no qualms about giving him squeeze packets, but eventually I would like to get off that. I am hoping that this is just a phase, and he will someday love vegetables again. In the meantime, I need to find ways to hide those greens.
When Influenster sent me the Country Crock box, I knew I wanted to focus on finding breads to hide George’s most hated food group.
Bread is really the most common use for butter spreads, at least it is the first food I think about! Here are five recipes that will help get some veggies into my carb loving little mister.
- Popeye Muffins-We made these, and they are super good! George just eats them up, and there is spinach galore in these.
- Strawberry Zucchini Muffins-These look so good, and we have done zucchini bread before so I am sure he would eat these up. There are tons of zucchini bread recipes out there, and I haven’t found one that I don’t hate yet!
- Green Monster Muffins-These are another spinach packed muffin but with applesauce instead of bananas like the one above.
- Carrot Apple Muffins-These look delicious! Behind zucchini, carrots seem to be the next secret weapon to hide in things.
- Kid Friendly Veggie Muffins-This recipe would be great to have on hand because you can use any vegetable puree.
We have some serious baking to do!
We have loved the Country Crock Original Spread. Here are just a few things that we have used it on:
- mashed potatoes
- banana bread
- sauteing vegetables
- flavoring couscous
Tom’s three food groups are sweet, salty and savory. This spread definitely covers the bill for savory.
It’s easily spreadable and gives just the right yummy factor. There is just something about butter that takes things like banana bread to the next level! As a mom, I love that they are simplifying their ingredients as well. For us, the new recipe didn’t take away from the taste at all. The melt in your mouth flavor was a win for us!
If you are interested in getting an Influenster box (you don’t have to be a blogger), just let me know, and I can send you an invite. They are a fun surprise! The community is also really easy to navigate. The more you interact, the more they will be able to find boxes that fit your style and needs. It is really versatile, and you can use it a lot or hardly at all. I have really enjoyed it so far!
Have you made any of these muffins? Do you know a picky eater? Have you tried Country Crock?
Oh my goodness, I JUST had to make some fruit/veggie muffins for Caleb because he was on a hunger strike. It’s good to know other moms deal with the same insanity! 😉
I stand with you sister! It is so hard interpretting his food likes and dislikes and feeling like he is getting the nutrients he needs.