I did ok this last month. I have some things I definitely need to stick to more, but hey I am not getting graded. And the point is to enjoy life, and I am doing that!
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
2. Do a photography challenge
- Getting this done. I am really excited about some of the pictures I have planned in the upcoming months for George. Here are some we did this last month.
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the KY/TN area
- I really need to change this to winery, brewery or distillery.
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
6. Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (1/10)
- I have a site bookmarked with Missouri races. Right now there are not any close by that fit into my schedule for the upcoming month. Hopefully in April I will be able to find something.
8. Go camping with Tom
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
- He just released his tour dates, and unfortunately he is going to be no where near me. He is playing in Minneapolis and Iowa City on my birthday weekend, which would make for an awesome 30th birthday. I just don’t know about the drive commitment.
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
12. Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- I am doing good with the professional books but not so much my own personal books. I wrote about my rut recently. When I started this I never thought I would be doing better at reading professional books. I am hoping to make a turn around.
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
- I think I may take one at the college I work at since I can take classes for free. I just have to see when it fits into my schedule and how that would go with work.
17. Do one new recipe each month
- Meal planning really keeps me up with this one. We try to do a big meal on either Saturday or Sunday so we can use as left overs for lunch the first of the week.
- Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos. These were pretty delicious.
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini. These were more work than it was worth. Good, but not anything special. Plus, it is now after almost 8 years that Tom tells me he doesn’t like zucchini…
- Crescent Chicken. This takes a lot of prep time, but it was totally worth it. These are really filling so we had enough for several more meals for the both of us.
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Wings. We made these for the Super Bowl. They did not come out like the picture on the website but they were still pretty tasty.
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole. This was good and made leftovers for dayssss. The only thing about this that I would note is that I suck at making rice so it was actually better as a leftover because the rice got more cooked. I have no idea why, but I cannot for the life of me make rice the way you are supposed to.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
19. Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
- The weather was so nice this weekend, and it made me really excited about outdoor opportunities.
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
22. Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (19/20)
- We went to Freddy’s Steakburger. This is a chain that is just like Steak and Shake. It was good, but we don’t eat a lot of grease so we didn’t feel so good afterwards because that is pretty much all we ate.
- I also went to Pickleman’s, which is a local deli. It was really good! We will be going back!
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Have a Kentucky Derby themed 30th birthday party.
- Tom is taking charge of this, so I honestly don’t care about the theme. (not because he is planning it but because all I really care about is having fun with friends and family.)
Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (2/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
29. Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
- Keeping up with it via apps.
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
Become a mom