Another month has come and gone. Let’s see where I stand.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
2. Do a photography challenge
- I am still keeping up with getting the DSLR out at least once a week with George. This last month a lot of them were for Christmas and not just with George. Here are some that I haven’t shared yet.
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the KY/TN area
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
- With the craziness that was December, I did not come even close to getting letters out.
6. Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (1/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
12. Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- I am still in a reader’s rut personally, but I did read a book for work. I read Visible Solutions for Invisible Students: Helping Sophomores Succeed. We are looking into starting a sophomore year experience in my office, so I am spearheading a lot of the research on it. This was an ok book, but nothing that I couldn’t have found on the internet.
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
- I looked up some community classes, but they are super expensive here in Columbia. If they fit into my work schedule, I might take some classes at the college since my benefits cover them.
17. Do one new recipe each month
- I did two this last month.
- I made a funfetti cake for Tom’s birthday. That boy loves his sprinkles. It was an ok cake. Our oven racks are tilted so it affected the evenness of the baking, which I was not aware of prior to this cake. Lesson learned.
- We had these chicken pot pie biscuits this last weekend. They were delicious! I hate pies so these were a perfect substitution since Tom loves pot pies. We will be making these a lot more often!
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
19. Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
22. Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (17/20)
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Have a Kentucky Derby themed 30th birthday party.
Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (2/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
29. Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
Become a mom