Hello my name is Stephanie, and I am a T.V. addict.
I have a problem.
I watch A LOT of T.V. When I look at this I wonder how we have a life outside of it, but we do I promise.
Here is my daily line up and some quick thoughts about the current season so far.
- Once Upon a Time- This is one of my favorite shows, and the first few episodes haven’t disappointed me. I am loving the fact that Emma and Hook are finally getting their chance. Has anyone else noticed though that while everyone else in Storybrooke wears clothes of today except Hook? He is still wearing his pirate get up while everyone else changes. Anyway, I love the creativity and how they layer all the fairy tales.
- Walking Dead-I couldn’t watch half of the season premiere because it was too gory. I am glad that the group is back together. But where is Beth? Carol is whooping up on folks. Love seeing a strong female lead, but she can be scary at her determination to save her troupe. I have heard through interviews that this season is absurd, and they are almost to the point that they couldn’t air the content because it was so ridiculous. Even though it is gory, I am SUCKED IN. Also I don’t think the dude with the “cure” is going to live.
- Dancing with the Stars- I don’t know how they do it, but every year they seem to get more competitive. I feel that this group is pretty even with the contestants right now, well except Michael and Chong. I go back and forth on how I feel about Juliane being a permanant judge. She isn’t as bad as I thought, but I still am not sure about the change. I think it also screws Bruno over a lot because they run out of time before they get to his critiques. I am rooting for Alfonso! I also like Janelle, Lea, Jonathan, and Bethany. I have dreams that this blog goes viral so that I could be a star and be asked to be Derek’s partner like Bethany’s video blog status. A girl can dream right?
- Castle- MY FAVORITE! It will be interesting to see how this memory loss unfolds. I have no guesses. But that is why I love this show. The mystery keeps me coming back, as does the humor and wit.
- Jane the Virgin- To be honest, I only started watching this because the female lead was a guest on Ellen, and I fell in love with her. It is pretty charming.
- Awkward- Still stupid high school drama. Really I am there to see Tamara and her crazy fast talking. I just love her. It is a 20 minute show of ridiculousness, and I love it. It will be interesting to see if they choose to go past this season since they are all seniors. Rarely does a high school based theme carry over to college. (Can anyone say Glee train wreck?)
- Forever- This is a new show this year. It is a mystery show which is no wonder why I like it. The main character however cannot die. He works at the NYC morgue to study death and hopefully find out why he has immortality. All while solving cases with the NYPD. Perfect. I enjoy this twist, and I am interested to see how he keeps his secret. Although is there a cop based drama that is not in NYC?
- New Girl-While I am sad that Nick and Jess are no longer together, I understand why it had to happen. You don’t want to jump the shark to soon with the highlighted relationships. Winston is my favorite character though. I just can’t get enough of him!
- About a Boy- Another 30 minute comedy that I love. I think the boy is a genius. He steals the show every week. The things that he and his mother (Minnie Driver) do are beyond ridiculous but so fun. This show will have you laughing the whole time!
- Nashville- I love this drama, plus it is fun living right up the road from Nashville. It is really odd though when the news comes on right after. Sometimes I forget that it isn’t the show. I am a Rayna and Deacon fan, so I am going to be really upset if this wedding with Luke goes through. I am loving that Derek Hough is guest starring in some episodes along side Hayden’s character. Also you can totally tell that she is pregnant in real life.
- The Biggest Loser- This is a great reality show. I think it is great to give these people another chance and some focus to get their life back on the healthy track. They really do get results. There isn’t a whole lot of drama between the contestants which is nice. I hate when they have that. This Comeback Canyon with Bob is genius too! I love the twist it provides to the show. Also, I want Jen to be my trainer. She is gorgeous!
- Grey’s Anatomy- I am over this show. I am only staying with it because I have watched from the first season. I mean really, Meredith has another unknown sibling?
- Scandal- I am still on the fence of how I feel about this show this season. It is kind of all over the place. I am team Jake though. Olivia needs to stay away from Fitz. With the Gladiators all over DC now, it has definitely made things interesting. My only hesitation is because the story lines are so nuts sometimes.
- How to Get Away With Murder- I have no idea what is going on half the time with this show, which is why I watch it every week. That and Dean from Harry Potter being one of the main characters. A lot of mystery shows follow the cops, so I like that this is following law students. It definitely adds another layer to the story which is fun to watch. Plus who doesn’t love the firecracker of Viola Davis?
- Parenthood- I cannot believe this is the last season! I love the family emphasis on this show. Why some of the things are definitely over done for ratings, for the most part they keep things fairly realistic in the emotion department. I love the cast too; the acting is spot on. I don’ t think there is an episode that I haven’t cried though.
- Bones- I started watching this show on Netflix this summer, and it is possibly one of my favorite shows now. I LOVE Temperance. Her relationship with Sealy is just the bee’s knees. This is another murder mystery show, go figure that I like it. I love the twist of following the science and anthropology behind each case. And it is a funny show, and smart. I am guaranteed a laugh each episode. I am still in shock at the loss of Sweets. I bawled when I realized he was really gone, but I am happy that he (John Francis Daley) is pursuing another dream of his. If you aren’t watching this, you should be.
- Ellen- Full of laughs every day. Hopefully someday I can be on her show. I entered every military/pregnant contest last year…
Not On Right Now
- Bachelor- I am so excited Chris is the Bachelor. Whoop whoop Iowa love!
- Switched at Birth- It will be interesting to see how they do the college storyline. And maybe they will mention something about the Royals!
- Pretty Little Liars- I don’t trust Ally.
- Chasing Life- This is a cute little show about a woman in her twenties who gets cancer and how she and her family deal with it. I don’t think cancer is cute, btw, but this show is. But that is to be expected for ABCFamily.
- Hart of Dixie- I need some Southernness in my life! And I still believe that Zoe needs to be with Wade.
- So You Think You Can Dance- I loved that Ricky won this last season!
Do you watch this much TV? Do we watch the same shows? Any other shows that you think are great?
You and I would totally be friends, if we lived closer! Bones is one of my favorite shows ever. I have all seasons on DVD and watch them from episode 1 to current. I am also a huge Ellen fan and DVR her every single day. Can’t wait for Farmer Chris!! Love your list of TV shows…I’m right there with you!! 🙂
I cannot believe it took me until this summer to catch on to Bones! It is SOOO good! I am considering asking for the DVDs for Christmas so I can have them on hand whenever I please! And I am glad I am not alone with my TV obsessions!
I watch greys, parenthood, scandal, how to get away with murder, nashville, modern family, bachelor and bachelorette, 19 kids and counting, PLL and chasing life. I will watch DWTS sometimes. I need more begining of the week shows! Thursday is pretty busy.
Thursday night is insane! I have to DVR and then watch a couple shows live in the other room. Tom hates me on Thursdays because I monopolize everything. In all fairness though he does watch Scandal and Parenthood with me.
You know, I used to watch so much TV before I got married, but since Ryan and I decided not to have cable, we only watch a few things here and there on Netflix. I love the occasional show, but I love not feeling bound to my TV anymore lol
We have talked about getting rid of cable, but I just don’t know if I could do it!