Here we are, another month passed. I didn’t do too bad considering I was on bedrest for most of the month and had a baby, which coincidentally checks one of the list.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year
- I made a tie and beanie for George to do some pictures with. The beanie is bigger than his whole head, but the tie worked well!
The last one makes my heart giddy.
2. Do a photography challenge
- My goal is to do at least one mini session with George each week for a year. I have done well so far! Granted it has only been two weeks, but you have to start somewhere. It will be fun to practice different techniques and props with him and not worry about messing it up for a client. I intend to try different angles, locations, lighting, equipment, or props each time to stretch what I can do with a camera. Also selfishly, this challenge will document the growth of the most adorable little boy.
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (5/5)
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the KY/TN area
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
6. Become a “professional” photographer
- Now that George has made it out into the world, I am hoping to get back into things with this.
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (1/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
12. Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- Unfortunately, I keep picking books that aren’t that great so I stall out. I swear I am working on it.
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
- I really rocked this out this month. I made a taco casserole, sloppy joes, and I even made up my own crockpot recipe of chicken and broccoli mac and cheese.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
19. Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
22. Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (16/20)
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Have a Kentucky Derby themed 30th birthday party.
26. Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (1/10); Documentaries (5/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
29. Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
35. Become a mom
- What I am a mom?!? We made a pretty cute kid.
You’re doing great! I need to work on my list.
Thanks! Doing a recap each month really helps keep me accountable.
I really need to make a list like this. And I love that picture of George with Tom’s boots. So cute!
Thanks! That picture is one of my favorites!
Adorable photos! I especially love the outstretched arms with the tie and the army themed ones.
I love the ones with the arms and tie too. It is so “Oh hey I am here. Make way for me.”
The mini photo sessions of George are SO cute! The books and the Army gear….ahhh love it!
He is going to be one very photographed kid! I just can’t help myself!