Here we are, another month later.
Let’s see how I did this month.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year
2. Do a photography challenge
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (5/5)
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the KY/TN area
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
6. Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (1/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
12. Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- I am making my way through a fun book, but I only get through about 2 pages before I fall asleep since I normally read before I go to bed. I am hoping to carve out more time once I am not working to reading outside of bedtime.
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
- I looked up the schedule for the stained glass class, but decided that being 8 months pregnant it probably isn’t best to be working with welding tools and cut glass. So I am thinking maybe this will be a good date night after George arrives.
17. Do one new recipe each month
- We actually have done a couple. We had banana pancakes (just bananas and eggs as the ingredients) and my mom’s recipe of green chili chicken enchiladas. Both were pretty delicious! We have started meal planning so hopefully we will have at least one new one each week…hopefully. We’ll see how long it lasts.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
- Can you believe college football starts this month?!?!?
19. Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
22. Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (16/20)
- We went to China King Buffet, and it was so so. The commercials definitely lied when they said it was the best buffet in town.
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Have a Kentucky Derby themed 3oth birthday party
26. Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (1/10); Documentaries (5/20)
- I watched a few Oscar nominated films, but only one who won Best Picture. We watched Schindler’s List a couple weekends ago. I have also been making my way through the Ken Burns Civil War documentary. It is a series, so I am still counting it since I have made it through a couple episodes.
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
29. Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
35. Become a mom
- I signed paperwork for George this week for the first time. Nothing like signing your name as “parent” on hospital paperwork to make you realize this is happening.