May went way too fast. Here is how I did this last month.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year
2. Do a photography challenge
3. Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (4/5)
- Tom and I had a wedding in Spencer, Iowa this month. (This one was easier to do than I thought! I will have this done next month!)
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the KY/TN area
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
- I think I did this. I know I sent out some mail, but I cannot recall if it was 5…
6. Become a “professional” photographer
- I did another infant shoot this last week. The family was great! Although the belly may start getting in the way of doing some things with bending over.
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (1/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
11. Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
- My mom is in town visiting this week, so she and I went this weekend. I was expecting buildings, but it was an earthworks base, meaning they basically hid in the foliage and man-made trenches. They do have a beautiful trail you can walk, which I want to take the dogs through since it is mostly shaded.
12. Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- I just finished “Fault in Our Stars” this weekend. So good!
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
19. Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
- Tom and did some hiking around a lake back home. I am not sure if it was text book hiking, but it was a trail in the woods…
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
22. Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (14/20)
- I went to three this month. In Missouri, I met up with some Clemson friends in Columbia at The Fieldhouse, which is a bar and grill place. It had decent food, but the service was awful. While we were in Iowa, I met a friend and her fiance for breakfast at American Classic Cafe. They had a pretty decent breakfast, but it was your typical diner breakfast. This weekend, my mom and I tried out a little German cafe/bakery here in town called Silke’s Old World Breads. THIS WAS SO GOOD! We just got a few baked goods and Chai teas after our visit to the farmer’s market, but I will definitely be taking Tom back for a full meal. It was quaint and had the perfect atmosphere.
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Have a Kentucky Derby themed 3oth birthday party.
26. Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (0/10); Documentaries (4/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
- I didn’t do clothing, but my mom has been guiding me through the process of making all of George’s baby bedding. It all is looking great so far! We are also making a rocking chair cover and pillows galore.
29. Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
34. Be on a recreation volleyball team
35. Become a mom
- Only a couple more months till we meet our little guy!