Here we are another month has past.
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves-so something that isn’t straight lines.
2. Do a 30 day photography challenge
- I have one picked out. I am going to do it sometime this summer.
3. Visit 3 cities I have never been to before (1/3)
- I am thinking maybe we can do a babymoon trip this summer.
4. Tour at least one of the distilleries in the area
- We could still do this but I can’t partake obviously. The Jack Daniels one doesn’t do samples anyway, so we may look into doing that.
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
6. Become a “professional” photographer
- This last month, I had a lot happen. One of my pictures was featured on one of my favorite photography websites to be critiqued. I got a lot of great feedback on my work, so that was really exciting. This last weekend I was the photographer for a charity art auction. It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot. One of my photos was also auctioned off, so that was a feel good photography moment.
7. Run at least 5 races (any distance)
- I am not doing much of running or planning really.
8. Go camping with Tom
- We are still planning this for our anniversary, however I will be 6 months pregnant. So we may have to make other plans.
9. Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
- Ugh I need to put a reminder in my car because I never remember until I do these updates.
10. See Tyrone Wells live again
- Going in May!
11. Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
- Not yet.
12. Water ski with my dad
- The pregnancy complicates this a little bit.
13. Do a 5K with my mom
- Not yet.
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
- I will have to wait until my doctor clears me for more activity.
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
- I have slacked on the fun book. The last read was a struggle for me to get through. I did finish a professional development book.
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
- I need to look this up to make a plan.
17. Learn how to make sushi
- Well, the pregnancy is putting a stalemate on this too.
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
- The baby is due during football season, so it may not be feasible to travel with the bundle of joy to a football game.
19. Volunteer with MCFOTS and Special Olympics on a regular basis
- Because I am pregnant, I can’t volunteer anymore. So I may need to find something else, or just lay low for the time being.
20. Explore Land Between the Lakes
- This is our anniversary trip plan.
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
- This pregnancy is making this list interesting.
22. Go to at least 10 “new to me” restaurants in Clarksville. (3/10)
- My supervisor took me to Johnny’s which is a mainstay for Austin Peay. It is a local burger joint. All grease and all goodness. Surprise it was no Chinese. Tom and I didn’t go anywhere the last month thanks to morning sickness.
23. Stay at a bed and breakfast
- Maybe babymoon?
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
- Not planned yet.
25. Have a Kentucky Derby themed 30th birthday party.
- Still a ways away.
26. Go to non-touristy parts of Nashville
- We were going to do this when we were in Nashville on Valentine’s Day, but then we found out we were pregnant and then Tom’s car almost exploded. So we didn’t do as we planned. But we found out we were pregnant! And I ate McDonald’s in an AutoZone parking lot. I guess that was a non-touristy part of Nashville…
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 10 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (0/10); Documentaries (4/10)
- We watched a documentary on Auschwitz.
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
- I know what I want to do, I just need to do it.
29. Find a church home here in Clarksville
- Thanks to morning sickness, I haven’t been.
30. Become a mom
- Ahhh YES!
So I have been thinking because of the pregnancy, there are a lot of things on this list that I am not going to be able to accomplish within this time frame. I am completely ok with that because being a mom is such a blessing. I do want to continue with this list, but I think I am going to change it to 35 before 35 to give myself more time and add 5 more things to do. I haven’t thought about what those things are, so I plan to have an updated list by April.
I am in charge of this so I can change it if I want!