I watched the whole red carpet. (I may have DVRed it, and watched it again.)
I stayed up for every second. (And for this gal who has been falling asleep between 7 and 8pm for the last two weeks, this was a big deal!)
This was one of my favorite Oscars to watch. I know others were not as found of it, but I really enjoyed it. It might be because I think Ellen can do no wrong…
I also love all the glamor and glitz of the evening.
Here are some of my thoughts as the night went on.
- I absolutely loved the dresses that Sally Fields, Pink, Lupita Nyong, and Jennifer Lawrence wore. I would put them on in a heartbeat.
- I have two dream jobs. One is to be one of the escort women on stage who just stand there in beautiful gowns. I love wearing fancy ball gowns and to do so without a script or much spotlight, absolutely. My other dream is to be a seat filler when stars go to the bathroom or where ever they may run off to. How cool would that be?
- “Happy” by Pharrell was my favorite performance. I love that people got up and danced.
- I am going to say it and probably be crucified because of it, but I don’t see what the hype is about “Let it Go.”
- I think they should give more time to group winners. The second person to the mic always gets screwed because the first person took so much time! I always feel bad for them.
- This is the first year I have seen none of the films that were nominated for the big awards…I blame it on the morning sickness. I will be remedying that soon since they all currently are saved on Netflix.
- Lupita Nyong’s acceptance speech was absolutely my favorite speech. It was so genuine and full of emotion. It made me cry it was so beautiful.
- I also loved watching McQueen react to winning Best Picture for “12 Years a Slave.” I love when people aren’t too pompous about winning. He was just so perfectly excited.
- Ellen giving out pizza had to be the best thing. I really loved how she interacted with the audience, but watching the stars scarf down pizza in their fancy wear was just delightful.
Someday I am going to host Oscar parties at my house and do ballots, dresses, and the whole shabang. It is going to be awesome.
Also, I am guest posting today for Elizabeth over at Army Ever After! You should check her out!
What were you favorite parts of the Oscars?
Did you have a favorite outfit?