I saw this recipe on Pinterest and a fellow blogger highly recommended it. We love pizza so we figured why not give it a try.
This recipe is super duper easy, and it makes so much.
Bubble Pizza (Casserole)
- 2 cans of frozen ready made biscuits
- 2 jars of pizza/marina sauce
- shredded cheese of your choice (we had mozzarella and colby jack)
- toppings of your choice (we just had pepperoni-Tom has boring taste buds)
1. First, pull apart the biscuit into balls and layer the bottom of your casserole dish. 2. Follow the biscuit cooking directions. Cook the biscuits by themselves for about 2/3 of the cooking time. If you do not do this, the dough will not fully cook with all the toppings.
3. After letting the dough pre-cook, add all the marina sauce.
4. Add your specific toppings. You will need more than you think so you may want to layer a couple times with the toppings and cheese. We didn’t have enough to the dough ratio, so that is my advice to those who attempt this recipe.
5. Add cheese.
6. Cook for the rest of the time, and then add some. Again you want to make sure that the dough is cooked. We doubled the time on the biscuit mix.
7. Eat to your heart’s content.
Total time to prepare and cook was about 30 minutes.
This recipe makes a lot, but I am all about left overs. This would be great for a family. Plus you could get kids involved really easy with pulling apart the dough and adding their favorite toppings. I know I always loved helping with the cooking when I was a kid.
This is definitely a recipe we will keep in our back pocket for the cost and ease.
I joined up on the Kitchenspiration today with Chelsea and Stephanie.
I nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://www.allthingsairforcewife.com/2013/11/liebster-award.html (BTW I have made the bubble pizza before… so good!)
Woah this looks amazing! Thanks for linking up with us!
Ooo… This sounds really good!!! 🙂
That looks delicious!! But then, it is true that I love just about every possible incarnation of pizza…
We do too!