May 9th, 2020, I will be 35 years old.
I originally created this list as a 30 before 30, but after becoming pregnant with our first child right in the midst of my challenge, I decided to extend it to give myself a little more time.
Originally, it seemed appropriate to create this list knowing that it would end around the same time that our time in Clarksville will be wrapping up. Now knowing that we will be in Missouri by the time that this list “expires,” I decided to change some of my tasks to make it more rounded and not unattainable.
If you want to see my original lists, you can check out my first few updates at the bottom of this page.
I really wanted this list to focus on me, not that I am trying to be selfish. Of course I want to be a good mom and a great wife. I want to be intentional in my work absolutely. This list however is supposed to help me focus on myself and things that will push me to experience new things that aren’t my every day. I want to enjoy my life and experience new things. I hope that having this balance of focusing on my own development for a time will help me to be better in other areas of my life that are a given.
Some are big things; some are things that just need some inspiration. And you know how I love a good list!
I plan on doing a monthly post around the 9th each month to update you, mainly myself, on my progress. So let’s start crossing things off!
1. Crochet something else besides blankets or scarves at least once a year (
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
Do a photography challenge (Took pictures once a week George’s first year)
Visit 5 cities I have never been to before (8/5)
Tour at least one a winery, brewery, or distillery
5. Send at least 5 snail mail a month
Become a “professional” photographer
7. Run at least 10 races (any distance) (6/10)
8. Go camping with Tom
Pay for the car behind me in a drive through
10. See Tyrone Wells live as many times as possible
Tour Fort Defiance here in Clarksville
Water ski with my dad
13. Do a 5K with my mom
14. Take a swing dance class with Tom
15. Read at least one fun book a month and one professional development book every three months
16. Take a pottery or stained glass class
17. Do one new recipe each month
18. See both a Clemson and UCM football game live
Find a place to volunteer on a regular basis
20. Go hiking
21. Ride in a hot air balloon
Go to at least 20 “new to me” restaurants. (37/20)
Stay at a bed and breakfast
24. Spend a day without electronics (phone, t.v. and computer)
25. Do something unique and new for my birthdays
Explore Nashville while we live here
27. Watch at least 10 movies that I have not seen before that won Best Picture at the Oscars and at least 20 documentaries (not necessarily Oscar winning) Movies (3/10); Documentaries (7/20)
28. Sew an item of clothing from scratch
Do a personal devotional/bible study on my own
30. Be a mascot for an event
31. Go on our honeymoon (preferably somewhere tropical)
32. Host an annual NCAA Basketball Tournament Championship game party
33. Go on a mission trip
Be on a recreation volleyball team
Become a mom
Every day we get a little bit older, but I want to say that I lived my life to the fullest and didn’t pass up chances to experience things. So I am going to live it up while I can!
If you want to see updates, I have pages for each of the years set up. Hover over the 35 before 35 tab at the top of the page to see more!