The last couple weeks we have been celebrating George turning one, and the fact that Tom and I made it through a year of parenting mostly unscathed.
With George’s ferocious appetite, I think everyone was hedging bets that he would hulk smash his cake.
Which he did.
During our cake smash photo shoot, George didn’t need any prompting.
He dug into that cake the second we set him down.
And he proceeded to eat at least a third of the cake and most of the icing.
This was the George we know and love.
Then yesterday at his birthday party, we saw the complete opposite.
He didn’t want to have anything to do with that cake.
We tried for a few minutes trying to get him to eat it but he just kept getting up and walking away trying to chase his cousin down with icing.
Here are my thoughts as to why the switch:
- He was not feeling well. He had been puking all afternoon.
- He is teething, so he is kind of all over the place. Also see not feeling well.
- He had a huge audience of people he isn’t so familiar with. While he loves people watching, he doesn’t like to perform on command.
- He may have remembered that they last time he ate a whole cake that he didn’t poop for 2 days. I would probably stay away from that food too.
- George is George, and he does what he wants. The life of a new toddler. They are unpredictable even if you have the best intentions.
But hey, at least we had the cake smash photo shoot from before!
Oh my word! He is absolutely adorable! I can’t wait until Caleb’s birthday to see how he demolishes his cake. 🙂 Happy birthday. George!!!! ❤
Haha he ate that thing up! I am sure Caleb will do the same.
Oh how cute!! You got some great shots!! Ju wouldn’t touch her cake!
That’s how he was at his party. Don’t they know this is such a special moment they are missing out on?
That second photo, lololololol. I love it!
It is just too much.
Jimmie dug into his first cake, cried for his birthday donuts, and barely touched his second cake. I wonder if we’ll do a cake smash for their second bday. Do people do that?
I am glad we weren’t alone in that! I think we could totally make a cake smash a thing for every birthday.