The last couple weeks we have been celebrating George turning one, and the fact that Tom and I made it through a year of parenting mostly unscathed.
With George’s ferocious appetite, I think everyone was hedging bets that he would hulk smash his cake.
Which he did.
Then yesterday at his birthday party, we saw the complete opposite.
We tried for a few minutes trying to get him to eat it but he just kept getting up and walking away trying to chase his cousin down with icing.
Here are my thoughts as to why the switch:
- He was not feeling well. He had been puking all afternoon.
- He is teething, so he is kind of all over the place. Also see not feeling well.
- He had a huge audience of people he isn’t so familiar with. While he loves people watching, he doesn’t like to perform on command.
- He may have remembered that they last time he ate a whole cake that he didn’t poop for 2 days. I would probably stay away from that food too.
- George is George, and he does what he wants. The life of a new toddler. They are unpredictable even if you have the best intentions.
But hey, at least we had the cake smash photo shoot from before!