I think these old wives tales are fun to go through. I did it with George and Daphne. It’s a fun little thing to get people guessing. I got these from this site. Some of them were kind of odd, so I didn’t use all of them. We are going to be doing the reveal this weekend at 4th of July with fireworks.
- Rumor has it that if you are carrying your baby high, it’s a girl. Carrying low? Stock up on blue. Similar tales say if you carry in front, you’ve got yourself a little boy, and if you expand horizontally, it’s a girl. I had Tom tell me what he thinks because I personally cannot tell. He thinks that I am carrying low and in the front. BOY.
- Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she’ll steal your beauty. So, if you’ve got acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes, you’ve got a little princess coming your way. Dry hands and cold feet are signs of a boy. So, if you’ve got these ailments, break out the baby blue. I have had a few hormonal blemishes, but nothing horrible. BOY. I have not had any dry hands or cold feet. GIRL.
- Your baby’s heart rate might be an indicator of its gender. If your little one’s heart rate is under 140 beats per minute, you’re having a little boy. If it’s over, get ready for your little girl! The heartbeat has been 174 and 157. GIRL.
- Craving sweets? According to some, that means you’re going to have a little girl. Salty and sour cravings indicate a boy. I have not really had a lot of cravings but more an aversion to things. During the first trimester I could not eat any candy and my normal smoothie wanted to make me gag, so I would say sweets were off the table for the most part. I pretty much was eating processed foods like Totinos pizzas and Chef Boyardee. Things have gotten a little better but still not really craving much. BOY.
- Chinese Predictor It comes up BOY.
- The Mayans used a similar method. They looked at your age at conception and the year your baby was conceived. If both are even or odd, it’s a girl. If one is even and one is odd, oh baby — it’s a boy! At conception I was 34, and it is 2020. GIRL.
- Morning sickness means pink. If you’re stricken with a queasy stomach during your first trimester, think ribbons and bows. If you sail through your pregnancy with nary an upset stomach, it’s blue all the way. I was pretty much nauseous through the whole first trimester. GIRL.
So according to most of “predictors” it is 50/50 whether we are having a girl of boy. With both George and Daph, these old wives tale said we were having girls, which is why I find these funny.
We’ll be sharing later on this week to let you know if these are right or not. (I know, it’s pretty much only baby posts lately…)
What do you think we are having?